(Noah) Taiji Ishimori resigns, "Interested in the outside world"


Noah) Taiji Ishimori resigns, "Interested in the outside world"
12th March 2018

Pro-Wrestling Noah held a press conference at the Tokyo office on Monday, and announced the resignation of the former GHC Junior Tag Champion, Taiji Ishimori (35).
Taiji Ishimori joined Noah in January 2008 as a freelancer. He has been an active part of Noah for twelve years.

Ishimori said today "I have been doing this for ten years, and while I personally do like to fight on the front line of things, I have experienced overseas expedition and more interested in the outside world now. I have been at Noah for twelve years, and been a wrestler for sixteen. If I do not make this decision, I will regret it unless I take the first step."

In Noah he has been crowned GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion three times. He gained attention at home and abroad as being the leading wrestler in the Noah Junior Division, including the GHC Junior Tag Championship and the Impact Wrestling X-Division championship on overseas expedition recently. In addition he says he was also inspired by Shinsuke Nakamura and KENTA el at who are in WWE. Ishimori said, "As a freelancer in the future as Japanese people are active all over the world, WWE is the goal and I want to keep trying to end up there."

Link to original article from Yahoo Sports (in Japanese)

Comments